This volunteer opportunity has expired!
Heart and Stroke Foundation (Heart & Stroke Campaign Captain)Organization Name: Heart and Stroke Foundation
Opportunity Title: Heart & Stroke Campaign Captain
Category: Fundraising & Sponsorship
Commitment: Less than 6 months
Start Date: October 6, 2017
End Date: March 15, 2018
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
Seeking Leadership Volunteers for the Heart & Stroke Canvass!
The Heart & Stroke Canvass is a fundraising campaign that raises funds for research and shares life-saving health information with Canadians, through the help of 90,000 volunteers.
Heart disease and stroke takes a Canadian life every 7 minutes. We invite YOU to join the campaign to help protect the lives of our neighbours, friends and family.
Volunteer Role: CAPTAIN
Location: Newfoundland and Labrador
Time Commitment: Approximately 15 hours from September to March
Overall Role: You will lead a team of approximately 10 volunteer Canvassers in your community!
- BUILD your team via phone or email, if you are up for the challenge!
- MOTIVATE your team
- Manage canvasser kit delivery and pick-up
- THANK your team!
- Enjoy interacting with people
- Comfortable leading
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Willing to ask for donations in person and online
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Opportunity to develop and use leadership, interpersonal and fundraising skills
- Meet like-minded people in your community and share stories
- Help neighbours, friends and family to learn lifesaving health information
Contact the Heart and Stroke Foundation, St. John’s Office
Judy Howlett, P2P Campaign Manager