This volunteer opportunity has expired!
The Canadian Red Cross (Health Equipment Loan Program – Cleaning & Maintenance Volunteer)Organization Name: The Canadian Red Cross
Opportunity Title: Health Equipment Loan Program – Cleaning & Maintenance Volunteer
Category: Other Positions
Commitment: 6 months to 1 year, Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Start Date: March 5, 2020
End Date: December 31, 2020
- Background/police check required
Posted: March 5, 2020
Region: St. John’s, Grand Falls-Windsor, Corner Brook, Gander, Springdale, Twillingate (NL)
Application deadline: December 31, 2020
The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is currently seeking a Health Equipment Loan Program (H.E.L.P.) Cleaning and Maintenance Volunteer. Reporting to the Community Health Coordinator, this position will clean, maintain and perform basic repairs of Red Cross Health equipment.
The HELP Cleaning and Maintenance volunteer ensures that clients receive equipment that is of the highest standard of safety by inspecting, cleaning and disinfecting equipment, and by making adjustments and repairs as required.
- Systematically inspect equipment according to set guidelines and identify repairs and perform routine maintenance required according to set standards and procedures.
- Replace broken or worn-out parts as needed.
- Operates hand and power tools in accordance with proper procedures.
- Clean and disinfect returned equipment according to Red Cross standards and procedures.
- Operate reprocessing equipment in accordance with proper procedures.
- Ensure all equipment is labeled and numbered according to inventory control and brand standards.
- Ensure equipment is stored safely in warehouse.
- Documents equipment inspection and repair as directed by supervisor.
- Carries out shipping and receiving of equipment as required.
- Follows Red Cross policies and procedures related to health, safety and quality to ensure employee, volunteer and client safety.
- Participates and promotes completion of mandatory health and safety education/orientation.
- Support other Red Cross initiatives, as needed, to provide for a coordinated team effort to meeting the needs of the most vulnerable in the community.
- Performs other duties as required.
- The ability to safely handle equipment up to (50 – 80 lbs).
- Mechanical aptitude with experience in using hand and power tools, working with parts and operating machinery.
- Strong customer service skills and communications skills, verbal and written.
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check as well as a vulnerable sector check is required.
- Familiarity with computers and inventory control systems is a definite asset.
- Experience with seniors, cognitively impaired and physically disabled clients would be considered an asset.
- Able to work efficiently and effectively in fast paced environment.
- The majority of time the work is performed in a warehouse space that is mostly clean and comfortable.
- This position involves long periods of standing and frequent reaching and bending.
- Hours of work for this position may vary.
- Personal protective equipment will be supplied as required.
Interested candidates may APPLY HERE.
The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer.
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
The Canadian Red Cross is committed to gender equality and social inclusion in our workplace. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, religion, nationality, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We encourage all qualified persons to apply particularly Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Please notify us as soon as possible of any adaptive measures you might require at any stage of the recruitment process.
La Croix-Rouge canadienne s’engage à observer des pratiques d’emploi équitables et à favoriser l’égalité des genres et l’inclusion sociale en milieu de travail. Toutes les candidatures seront examinées de façon équitable sans égard au sexe, à l’identité de genre, à l’expression de l’identité de genre, à l’orientation sexuelle, à la race, à l’origine ethnique, à la couleur, à la religion, à la nationalité, aux limitations, à l’âge ni à tout autre aspect de l’identité protégé par les lois en vigueur. Nous encourageons toutes les personnes qualifiées à postuler, particulièrement les personnes autochtones, les personnes ayant des limitations fonctionnelles, les personnes faisant partie de minorités ethniques ou visibles ainsi que toute autre personne partageant nos valeurs et notre volonté de bâtir un environnement de travail inclusif et diversifié.
Veuillez nous aviser dès que possible de toute mesure d’adaptation dont vous pourriez avoir besoin à n’importe quelle étape du processus de recrutement.
Get DirectionsSt. Johns, NL
Other The Canadian Red Cross Volunteer Opportunities
Other Other Positions Volunteer Opportunities
Description: The volunteer would fill the position of the Community Outreach Volunteer at our Provincial Office in Mount Pearl. Our hours of operation …Read More
Description: Habitat for Humanity ReStore accepts donations of quality new and used building materials, furniture, appliances and other goods from …Read More
Description: (la version française suit) ** This volunteer opportunity is virtual. Strong communication skills in both English and French are …Read More
Description: The St. John’s Farmers’ Market recognizes the importance of volunteers to the development of strong and connected communities across Canada, …Read More