This volunteer opportunity has expired!
The Canadian Red Cross (Emergency Management Evaluation Team Volunteer)Organization Name: The Canadian Red Cross
Opportunity Title: Emergency Management Evaluation Team Volunteer
Category: Other Positions
Commitment: 6 months to 1 year
Start Date: July 12, 2018
End Date: August 31, 2018
- Background/police check required
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
- Training or orientation required
Posted: July 12, 2018
Region: Various Locations across Canada
Application deadline: August 31, 2018
The Canadian Red Cross Society (CRCS), a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is currently seeking to add to the Emergency Management (EM) National Evaluation Team roster. Volunteers will report to the Senior Advisor, Quality Management, Emergency Management, Canadian Red Cross.
The Emergency Management (EM) Program is committed to ensuring quality assurance, standards and a strong culture of learning in its disaster response and, as such, is committed to carrying out evaluations of all major domestic disasters. Additional evaluations may be conducted as required.
EM evaluations aim to serve the following purposes:
- Improve service delivery and accountability to internal and external stakeholders engaged in a response/project
- Contribute to organizational learning and knowledge sharing for the improvement of the CRCS EM program and the services it provides to beneficiaries, including informed planning for future operations
- Provide internal and external stakeholders, including beneficiaries, with an opportunity for feedback
- Promote and celebrate the work of the EM Program
Responsibility 1 – Provide Surge Capacity for the Evaluation of Major Domestic Disaster Responses and/or Emergency Management Projects
- Support the development of the Terms of Reference
- Conduct appropriate background research, including a desk review if required
- Lead, co-lead or otherwise support the collection of qualitative and quantitative data from key internal and external stakeholders, including beneficiaries
- Support the integration of new technology into the evaluation process, including the use of online dashboards, call centers to survey beneficiaries, digital surveys, and video and teleconference calls
- Lead, co-lead or otherwise support the aggregation and analysis of qualitative and/or quantitative data and the writing of the report and recommendations, including best practices and lessons learned
- Support the Senior Advisor, Quality Management in reporting the findings to program management
Responsibility 2 – Provide Surge Capacity for the Development of Monitoring and Evaluation Tools for the EM Program
- Support the development, review and revision of tools, systems and guidelines for monitoring and evaluation of the EM program
- Work with program management to disseminate National Office tools, systems and guidelines for monitoring and evaluation and provide support for capacity building in the regional offices, including technical support and mentoring as required
There are no minimum educational qualifications for this position; however, preference will be given to candidates with formal training in evaluation and/or qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis.
Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of evaluation experience.
Candidates must be willing to commit to a minimum two-year term and must be able to be deployed for a minimum of a 1-week period.
Abilities and Skills
- Demonstrated ability to collect qualitative and quantitative data through focus groups, After-Action Reviews, surveys and interviews
- Demonstrated ability to aggregate and analyze large quantities of qualitative and quantitative data and identify underlying issues and themes
- Ability to constructively frame issues identified in evaluations, develop specific, measurable and realistic recommendations, and develop presentations and reports for internal and external audiences
- Strong written and verbal communication in English is essential
- Experience facilitating large groups around complex and sensitive themes
- Ability to work with minimal guidance within assigned responsibilities, effectively manage time and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with fellow team-members
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully to a wide variety of internal and external audiences while upholding the principle of neutrality
- Bilingualism (French-English)
- Credentialed Evaluator designation
- Experience conducting disaster-response or emergency-response evaluations
- Experience conducting evaluations with vulnerable populations
- Experience working with Canadian Indigenous populations or lived experience as an Indigenous person
- Experience with Indigenous evaluation processes
- Experience working with the Red Cross or Red Crescent Movement
This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record check.
Duties are principally conducted from a home office environment; however, the position will require periodic travel to Canadian Red Cross offices and disaster-affected areas. While the majority of the work is performed in an environment which is mostly clean and comfortable, field missions can involve working in environments that are unstable and with unpredictable access to basic services. Ability to work in stressful and often ambiguous conditions is required.
The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer.
Canadian Red Cross application portal.(Please copy & paste following web address into a web browser if unable to open the above hyperlink: https://trr.tbe.taleo.net/trr01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CRCS&cws=56&rid=4007)
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Get DirectionsSaint johns, NB
Other The Canadian Red Cross Volunteer Opportunities
Category: Computers / Technology / IT
Description: Region: Various Locations across Newfoundland & Labrador Application deadline: February 01, 2019 The Canadian Red Cross Society, a …Read More
Category: Social and Community Service
Description: Disaster Management – Personal Disaster Assistance (PDA) Responder Volunteer – Two (2) Years, Renewable Various locations throughout …Read More
Volunteer Resource Services – Administrative Assistant Volunteer (Various Locations Across Newfoundland & Labrador)Organization: The Canadian Red Cross
Category: Administration / Clerical / Office
Description: Region: Various Locations Across Newfoundland & Labrador Application deadline: December 31, 2018 Do you enjoy working with others …Read More