(Wake Up Call Breakfast Leadership Cabinet Member – St. John’s)Organization Name:
Opportunity Title: Wake Up Call Breakfast Leadership Cabinet Member – St. John’s
Category: Fundraising & Sponsorship
Commitment: 6 months to 1 year, One Day / Special Event
Start Date: November 14, 2019
End Date: February 20, 2020
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
The Leadership Cabinet Member’s role will be to support the Wake Up Call Breakfast Cabinet and Prostate Cancer Canada staff to raise funds for the needs of the charity through the planning of the Breakfast. Wake Up Call Breakfast Chairperson or Leadership Cabinet Members will gain approval from Prostate Cancer Canada to appoint new Cabinet Members.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- To attend regularly scheduled meetings (maximum of 5 meetings scheduled per term). Meetings begin in November of each year, based on the event being hosted in February.
- Will act in an advisory capacity in reviewing event plans concerning table sales and sponsorship.
- To be committed to the Wake Up Call Breakfast as a viable and vital fundraising activity for Prostate Cancer Canada, with the goal of raising $40,000.00 (net) from the St. John’s Breakfast.
- To identify and solicit a minimum of five (5) prospective companies for table sales and to contribute to the ongoing prospecting for local sponsors as appropriate and within the strategy and priorities approved by the Committee.
The Wake Up Call Breakfast Leadership Cabinet Member will serve a minimum of a one-year term. A Leadership Cabinet Member may hold multiple terms if so desired and agreed upon by the Cabinet Chair and Prostate Cancer Canada staff.