Crohn’s and Colitis Canada – Atlantic Region (Planning Committee Member – Spirit of Newfoundland Gala)Organization Name: Crohn’s and Colitis Canada – Atlantic Region
Opportunity Title: Planning Committee Member – Spirit of Newfoundland Gala
Category: Special Events / Festivals
Commitment: Less than 6 months
Start Date: September 7, 2023
End Date: October 2, 2023
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
Volunteers play an integral role in delivering our promise of finding cures for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and improving the lives of Canadians living with these chronic diseases. As a volunteer with Crohn’s and Colitis Canada, the impact of your efforts will be felt by the millions of Canadians affected by Crohn’s or colitis today, and for years to come.
We are seeking individuals passionate about making a difference in their community to join a team of dedicated volunteers in the role of Spirit of Newfoundland Gala Planning Committee Member
This role involves virtual and in-person interactions. Crohn’s and Colitis Canada encourages volunteers and community members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by their local or provincial Public Health authorities. We take the health, safety, and well-being of volunteers seriously, especially in light of the fact that people with Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis may have compromised immune systems, which is why we continue to follow the guidance of local Public Health authorities.
All volunteer positions at Crohn’s and Colitis Canada require a conversation to discuss the role and your goals for volunteering.
Are you the right fit for the team?
As the Planning Committee Member for the Spirit of Newfoundland Gala, you will support a committee of volunteers to plan, organize and host Crohn’s and Colitis Canada the Spirit of Newfoundland Gala, including:
- Adhering to Crohn’s and Colitis Canada policies and procedures, including the Volunteer Code of Conduct
- Chairing regular meetings for the volunteer committee
- Working in partnership with staff partner
- Delating responsibilities as needed and following up with individual volunteers
- Promoting the event publicly and attracting participants.
Event Location: Spirit of Newfoundland Productions 208 Gower St, St. John’s, NL
- Length of commitment – three (3) months
- Time commitment of approximately 3 hours/week
- Evening availability needed; some limited daytime availability as needed
- Full-day commitment on the event day
What you bring:
- Experience with community outreach, networking and comfortable making an ask
- Strong ties within the local community are an asset.
- Attention to detail, well organized and responsive to timely needs and opportunities
- Positive attitude and openness toward volunteer experience
- Experience in successfully managing a range of relationships and skill sets.
What we offer:
- A community of support, a dedicated staff partner, a team of peers, and role-specific training
- An opportunity to use and grow professional skills, expand your network
- A hands-on chance to make a meaningful difference in the lives of people living with Crohn’s and ulcerative colitis in your community
Crohn’s and Colitis Canada commits to supporting you in your role and to providing an engaging volunteer experience. Your feedback is appreciated- email@example.com
Apply For Volunteer Opportunity
Get DirectionsSt. John’s, NL
Other Crohn’s and Colitis Canada – Atlantic Region Volunteer Opportunities
Category: Special Events / Festivals
Description: Volunteers play an integral role in delivering our promise of finding cures for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and improving the …Read More