Pawsology Service Dogs Inc. (The Downtown Wardrobe Thrift Shop Volunteer)Organization Name: Pawsology Service Dogs Inc.
Opportunity Title: The Downtown Wardrobe Thrift Shop Volunteer
Category: Other Positions
Commitment: 6 months to 1 year
Start Date: April 13, 2019
End Date: April 30, 2035
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
Whether it’s sorting, pricing or working at the cash register, volunteers are vital in helping us make a difference in the community. We are always looking for new volunteers to join our team. Volunteering can help build your resume, help give back to the community, build friendships and support the work of Pawsology.
Some of the roles and task available at our shop:
- Volunteers who work the cashier are a friendly face for our organization. As you help customers complete their purchases you are simultaneously helping us be a kind and caring presence in the community and raising money for Pawsology.
- Volunteer retail assistants keep our retail floors looking in tip-top shape, whether it’s straightening out the changing room or restocking empty racks.
- Ask your network, friends and family to consider donating to The Downtown Wardrobe to ensure we always have new and fresh stock!
- Donation sorters help keep our backroom processes efficient. We need volunteers who can spot hidden gems, vintage finds and quality items.
- Once donations are sorted, we need volunteers to price the items before they make it to the retail floor. Each item you price is another item that can be sold to support Pawsology.
- The best part of thrift shopping is that the merchandise changes all the time! You never know what you might find. We need volunteer craftsmen and designers to help us keep our rotating retail floor and window displays looking great.
- Do you love staying connected? Maintaining our online presence keeps our marketing plan strong and helps our shop stay up-to-date with the community.
- Do you love planning parties? We have a lot of reasons to celebrate and we need your help to organize the fun.