This volunteer opportunity has expired!
The Canadian Red Cross (Volunteer Resource Services – Administrative Assistant Volunteer (Various Locations Across Newfoundland & Labrador))Organization Name: The Canadian Red Cross
Opportunity Title: Volunteer Resource Services – Administrative Assistant Volunteer (Various Locations Across Newfoundland & Labrador)
Category: Administration / Clerical / Office
Commitment: Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Start Date: November 14, 2018
End Date: December 31, 2018
- Background/police check required
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
Region: Various Locations Across Newfoundland & Labrador
Application deadline: December 31, 2018
The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is seeking an Administrative Assistant Volunteer for Volunteer Resource Services. Reporting to the Volunteer Resources Coordinator, this position provides the volunteer based transactional support services of the Canadian Red Cross. Volunteer Resources strives to assist all programs with recruitment, selection, placement and orientation of volunteer candidates.
- Replying to incoming inquiries and requests that are received via the VRS general email inbox and the VRS general contact telephone line
- Tracking the submission of candidates’ resumes, application forms and pre-selection forms
- Providing candidates with appropriate volunteer position descriptions
- Forwarding applications that are ready for pre-screening to the appropriate VRS team member
- Assisting with pre-screening telephone interviews for selected candidates
- Assisting with the coordination of in-person interviews
- Conducting reference checks for volunteer applicants
- Providing other support services and assistance to both internal and external customers of VRS
- Contributing to the evaluation of the delivery of Volunteer Resource Services
- Providing administrative support (filing, photocopying, organizing, updating, etc.)
- Assisting with maintenance of electronic volunteer records
- Posting volunteer job opportunities on various local, provincial and national websites
- Sourcing volunteer candidates through a wide range of pre-approved channels
- Distributing Policy Agreement Forms for signatures and tracking when completed forms are submitted
- Working in an educational online platform (Horizon) to register users, assign online orientation modules, monitor progress, verify/track completions, and send reminders as necessary
- Providing candidates with information sheets relevant to volunteer orientation
- Preparing Letters of Engagement and Orientation Checklists for volunteers
- Administrative and/or customer service experience is preferred
- Experience with screening applications, supporting recruitment processes and participating in interviews is preferred
- Experience working in Human Resources and/or Volunteer Resources is an asset
- Must agree to participation in the Canadian Red Cross orientation and training program
- Candidates must be 18 years of age or older
- CHRP and/or CVA designation
- Ability to communicate in French
- Experience working with computer systems such as Taleo, Raiser’s Edge, Horizon, Kentico, etc.
This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record check and a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Duties are conducted at the local Canadian Red Cross branch office and/or remotely when possible
- Four (4) hours per week is the minimum commitment level required for this volunteer position, may be outside of “regular” business hours
- Adherence to Canadian Red Cross policies and procedures is imperative in order to maintain a healthy and safe working environment
- Able to commit to a minimum of six months service
Apply now to join our local Red Cross team and become a part of the world’s largest humanitarian organization, and one of our 13 million volunteer across the world.
The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer.
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that relocation funding is not available for this position