Connections for Seniors (Food Delivery Volunteer)Organization Name: Connections for Seniors
Opportunity Title: Food Delivery Volunteer
Category: Social and Community Service
Commitment: Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Start Date: July 2, 2021
End Date: July 19, 2068
- Background/police check required
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
Connections for Seniors is recruiting Food Delivery Volunteers to help deliver Food Bank Hampers or Grocery Supplies to seniors in the community.
Time commitment: approximately one hour per week
Locations: St. John’s and surrounding areas including Kilbride, Goulds, Mount Pearl, Paradise, CBS, etc.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with staff regarding the delivery details.
- Wear a cloth/non-medical mask while delivering food hamper.
- Report any problems or concerns to Volunteer Coordinator.
- Inform Volunteer Coordinator if you need to change or cancel volunteer assignment.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Follow safe driving procedures.
- Adhere to CFS general responsibilities.
- Genuine interest in assisting seniors.
- Sensitive to issues of vulnerable seniors.
- Ability to accept people as they are.
- Caring and friendly.
- Reliable and patient.
- Ability to read maps to locate an address.
- Access to own vehicle.
- Completion of a volunteer application form, confidentiality agreement, and Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Checks from the RNC.
If you are interested, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 727-8081 or email email@example.com