This volunteer opportunity has expired!
For the Love of Learning (Join the Board of Directors)Organization Name: For the Love of Learning
Opportunity Title: Join the Board of Directors
Category: Boards / Committee / Leadership
Commitment: Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Start Date: November 16, 2016
End Date: November 16, 2018
- Background/police check required
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
- Training or orientation required
About this Opportunity
For The Love Of Learning (FTLOL) seeks volunteers to join the organization’s Board of Directors, helping to ensure we have the capacity and skills to oversee the next phase of development. Board members will attend monthly meetings, participate on committees and when possible, attend the organization’s events.
FTLOL was founded in 2006. Now in its tenth year, we have a track record of influencing policymakers and employers through prompting the public profile of youth in Newfoundland and Labrador – our most valuable renewable resource. We also have a growing network of supporters and affiliated groups.
FTLOL draws on increasing evidence that excessive levels of economic inequality are damaging to the life-chances and health of youth, to social cohesion, and to our province as a whole.
While seeking to secure changes in policy and practice that reduce levels of economic equality, FTLOL:
- Utilizes the arts to empower at-risk youth;
- Coordinates projects that increase the self-esteem and employability of at-risk youth;
- Works with relevant policymakers and other decision-makers to provide better supports and services to the at-risk youth population;
- Partners with individuals and groups who help at-risk youth overcome socio-economic obstacles
A wide range of skills and experience can support the Board of FTLOL:
• Charity finance and fund accounting
• Fundraising and revenue development
• Human Resources and/or legal expertise
• Youth engagement and retention
• Education, social services and/or counselling
• Project management and/or event coordination
• Working for or with the following: managers and boards in all sectors and relevant structures (institutions, businesses, community organizations)
• Marketing and communications, including social media and website development
• Board level experience with charities, arts and culture organizations or businesses of a similar size.
The FTLOL Board of Directors enjoys coming together. Board members demonstrate:
• Commitment to the organization’s mission and vision
• Willingness to act as an ambassador of the organization
• Willingness to fulfill the duties and standards of conduct required of a board member of an organisation that has charitable status
• Understanding of the inequalities that at risk youth are faced with.
Can you join us?
Submit your CV with a covering letter to Gemma Hickey, Executive Director via email to email@example.com, by November 10th, 2016.
Prospective board members who can best support our needs will be invited to our AGM on November 16th, 2016.
Get DirectionsSt. John’s, NL, Canada
Other For the Love of Learning Volunteer Opportunities
Other Boards / Committee / Leadership Volunteer Opportunities
Description: Scouts Canada’s NL Council is seeking a Group Commissioner to take the helm of our 1st Roncalli Group in Airport Heights! This position …Read More
Description: Scouts Canada’s NL Council is seeking a Group Commissioner to take the helm of our 1st St. Andrew’s Group in Downtown St. John’s! This …Read More