St. John’s Farmers’ Market (We’re recruiting Market Volunteers for the St. John’s Farmers’ Market!)Organization Name: St. John’s Farmers’ Market
Opportunity Title: We’re recruiting Market Volunteers for the St. John’s Farmers’ Market!
Category: Other Positions
Commitment: Less than 6 months, 6 months to 1 year, Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Start Date: August 2, 2019
End Date: August 1, 2099
- Appropriate for youth (i.e., less than 18)
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Training or orientation required
The St. John’s Farmers’ Market recognizes the importance of volunteers to the development of strong and connected communities across Canada, and to the growth of a more diverse, inclusive, and vibrant St. John’s community in particular. Since the Market’s inception, volunteers have played a valuable role in its operation, and will continue to do so as the Market grows and takes on new and exciting challenges.
The job of a Market Volunteer is to assist the St. John’s Farmers’ Market staff, including the Executive Director, Market Manager, and Events Manager, on Market days. Assignments and activities may include:
• Helping to set up and take down tables, tents, signs, etc.
• Staffing the information table
• Answering consumer questions (e.g. locations of restrooms and ATMs)
• Assisting Market Café staff (e.g. making coffee)
• Directing foot traffic
• Managing stall lines to prevent the obstruction of foot traffic around the market
• Vendor support (e.g. relieving vendors for short breaks, providing drink refills for outdoor
vendors, re-stocking re-usable dishware for hot food vendors)
• Keeping the Market Café eating area and other spaces in the market clean and free of
Market days happen every Saturday from 9:00AM to 4:00PM, the first Friday of every month from 5:00PM to 9:00PM, and for this summer, every Sunday from 11:00AM to 4:00PM (in the fall, Sunday markets will return to the second Sunday of every month). Volunteer shifts are available for 4 hours on Fridays, 4 or 8 hours on Saturdays, and 3 or 6 hours on Sundays.
The process for applying to be a volunteer with us is to fill out and return our application form (which will be sent in response to inquiries). If we think you’ll be a good fit for the organization, you’ll be contacted to schedule an in-person interview. If you’re recruited as a volunteer, you will attend a group orientation session – and then you’ll be on your way to helping out on market days!
Apply For Volunteer Opportunity
Get Directions245 Freshwater Road, St. John’s
Other St. John’s Farmers’ Market Volunteer Opportunities
Other Other Positions Volunteer Opportunities
Description: Posted: May 24, 2019 Region: Across Canada Do you want to make a difference in your community? Join the world’s largest …Read More
Description: Posted: May 29, 2019 Region: Across Canada Do you want to make a difference in your community? Join the world’s largest humanitarian …Read More