Connections for Seniors (Telephone Visit Volunteer)Organization Name: Connections for Seniors
Opportunity Title: Telephone Visit Volunteer
Category: Social and Community Service
Commitment: Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Start Date: July 2, 2021
End Date: July 9, 2098
- Background/police check required
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
Connections for Seniors is recruiting Telephone Visit Volunteers to provide friendly phone calls to seniors in the community in an effort to reduce feelings of loneliness and isolation and to increase social support.
Time commitment: approximately 30 minutes per week.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide companionship to a senior via weekly telephone visits.
- Participate in friendly conversation around topics such as current local events, a shared common interest (example: games, crafts, etc.), etc.
- Report any concerns to Volunteer Coordinator.
- Inform Volunteer Coordinator if you are unable to telephone visit regularly.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Genuine interest in assisting seniors
- Sensitive to issues of vulnerable seniors
- Good listening skills
- Ability to accept people as they are
- Caring and friendly
- Reliable and patient
- Completion of a volunteer application form, confidentiality agreement, and Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Checks from the RNC.
- Two references.
If you are interested, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 727-8081 or email firstname.lastname@example.org