Ultimate NL (Youth Grade School Director)Organization Name: Ultimate NL
Opportunity Title: Youth Grade School Director
Category: Sports and Recreation
Commitment: 6 months to 1 year, Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Start Date: October 31, 2019
End Date: October 1, 2020
- Background/police check required
- Appropriate for youth (i.e., less than 18)
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
Ultimate NL is the provincial sports organization for ultimate frisbee in Newfoundland and Labrador. A not-for-profit organization that’s governed by a volunteer board of directors, its mandate is to grow the sport of ultimate throughout the province.
In the fall of 2018, ultimate was named a Foundation Sport with School Sports Newfoundland and Labrador (SSNL). This makes the sport of ultimate more accessible to all students in the province.
Our goal is to have more students playing ultimate at varying levels of competitiveness. From intramurals to provincial school tournaments to adult leagues, nationals and even Team Canada, ultimate allows students to dream big. Whether they want to simply have fun or aspire to greater levels of competitiveness, Ultimate NL is here to help.
Youth Grade School Director
Ultimate NL is in the process of selecting a volunteer for the Youth Grade Schools Director position. This key role acts as an important liaison between Ultimate NL and elementary, junior, and senior high schools. The volunteer will help develop youth programming and organize various school tournaments.
- Maintain mailing list with schools and act as school liaison
- Engage new schools in creating youth programs
- Help in the organization of grade school tournaments
- Organize and direct the Provincial school tournaments
- Assist in the management of provincial youth teams
- Experience working in the education sector
- Knowledge of existing regulations for youth sports in the province
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with others
If you are interested in joining our passionate team of volunteers, please email email@example.com