Raise Up Fundraising (Raise Up Fundraising, Inc. Board Member)Organization Name: Raise Up Fundraising
Opportunity Title: Raise Up Fundraising, Inc. Board Member
Category: Boards / Committee / Leadership
Commitment: Less than 6 months, 6 months to 1 year, Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Start Date: July 28, 2017
End Date: July 31, 2087
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
- Training or orientation required
Raise Up Fundraising is seeking volunteers to join its Board of Directors. Board members may be asked to help with a variety of tasks, but specialized roles such as Fund Development are available.
Raise Up Fundraising aims to work in partnerships with individuals and community organizations to provide supports, financial or otherwise, via creative and innovative fundraising events and projects in support of marginalized groups and peoples in Newfoundland & Labrador. Raise Up Fundraising looks to a future with a more equitable province for everyone and to act as a source of support for individuals and groups that are working towards poverty alleviation, the dismantling of oppressive systems, and true equality.
- To collaborate with individuals and community groups in fundraising for our collective purpose and mission.
- To plan innovative and creative social events that are inclusive.
- To support any individuals and community groups that are marginalized in Newfoundland and Labrador with the resources available to us, both financial and otherwise.
- To foster safe community spaces and practices in the work we do.
- To provide opportunities for community groups to network, learn about each other’s initiatives and projects, and to educate the community at large.
Individuals with any of the following skills or characteristics would make excellent additions to the Raise Up Fundraising team:
- Fundraising and revenue development
- Legal expertise
- Research skills
- Event planning
- Education and social services
- Energetic and passionate
- Dedicated to helping Raise Up Fundraising achieve its goals
- Belong to a marginalized community and/or are interested in taking action to address inequality
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to work as part of a team
HOW TO JOIN
Please send the following to raiseupNL@gmail.com
- A curriculum vitae (CV)
- Two references
- A letter of intent
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Apply For Volunteer Opportunity
Get DirectionsSt. John’s, NL
Other Raise Up Fundraising Volunteer Opportunities
Other Boards / Committee / Leadership Volunteer Opportunities
Description: Scouts Canada’s NL Council is seeking a Group Commissioner to take the helm of our 1st St. Andrew’s Group in Downtown St. John’s! This …Read More
Description: Scouts Canada’s NL Council is seeking a Group Commissioner to take the helm of our 1st Roncalli Group in Airport Heights! This position …Read More