This volunteer opportunity has expired!
St. John’s Farmers’ Market (We’re recruiting Market Volunteers for the St. John’s Farmers’ Market!)Organization Name: St. John’s Farmers’ Market
Opportunity Title: We’re recruiting Market Volunteers for the St. John’s Farmers’ Market!
Category: Other Positions
Commitment: Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Start Date: September 19, 2020
End Date: September 19, 2020
- Appropriate for youth (i.e., less than 18)
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Training or orientation required
The St. John’s Farmers’ Market recognizes the importance of volunteers to the development of strong and connected communities across Canada, and to the growth of a more diverse, inclusive, and vibrant St. John’s community in particular. Since the Market’s inception, volunteers have played a valuable role in its operation, and will continue to do so as the Market grows and takes on new and exciting challenges.
Assignments and activities may include:
• Staffing the information table
• Answering consumer questions (e.g. locations of restrooms and ATMs)
• Assisting Activities Coordinator on Program Day
• Operating Market Shop
• Vendor support
• Keeping the Market Café eating area and other spaces in the market clean and free of
Market days happen every Saturday from 9:00AM to 4:00PM, Sunday until September 27th. Shifts are avaliable in 1, 2 and 3 hour spaces beginning at 10AM.
The process for applying to be a volunteer with us is to fill out and return our application form (which will be sent in response to inquiries). If we think you’ll be a good fit for the organization, you’ll be contacted to schedule an in-person interview. If you’re recruited as a volunteer, you will attend a group orientation session – and then you’ll be on your way to helping out on market days!