This volunteer opportunity has expired!
MS Canada (St. John’s – Mount Pearl MS Walk- Event Day Volunteer)Organization Name: MS Canada
Opportunity Title: St. John’s – Mount Pearl MS Walk- Event Day Volunteer
Category: Special Events / Festivals
Commitment: One Day / Special Event
Start Date: May 28, 2023
End Date: May 28, 2023
- Appropriate for youth (i.e., less than 18)
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
- Family-oriented volunteering
The 2023 St. John’s – Mount Pearl MS Walk is taking place Sunday May 28th 11:00am at Reid Community Centre in Mount Pearl!
The MS Walk is a community-driven event for people living with or affected by Multiple Sclerosis as well as those who want to support our vision of creating a world free of MS. Tens of thousands of Canadians come together in their communities every May to participate, fundraise and volunteer in MS Walk to help find the cause and cure for this disease. These events would not be possible without the support of hundreds of dedicated volunteers given their time.
There are various areas where volunteer help is needed to ensure that this event runs smoothly and participants have a great experience while they are walking to raise critical funds to support those effected by MS.
Site Set Up/Wrap Up Crew:
- Unloading supplies and equipment
- Helping set up/tear down tents, tables, chairs, banner & signs
- Decorating and tidying the site, clean up post event
Check In Greeter:
- Manage check in line ups, welcoming and directing participants
- Provide event info to participants and answer any questions
- Making a donation ask to participants who have not yet donated
- Help set up directional signage along route
- Alert participants of heavy traffic areas, hazards or changes on the route
- If needed, alert traffic that participants are crossing intersections. Route Marshalls should not attempt to stop oncoming traffic
- Cheer on participants
Photographers and Assistants:
- Take photos of teams and participants at the start/finish line
- Capture general images of event participants and volunteers
- Encourage participants and teams to have their photos taken
- Help control line ups and sort through team name signs
Food & Beverage:
- Set up food, beverage and supplies, restocking and cleaning away litter
- Help to clean up after event
Kids Activity Area:
- Ensuring the kids have a memorable experience by interacting with them and facilitating games and activities
Start/Finish Line Cheer Squad:
- Cheer participants as they head out on the route and as they return
- When volunteers arrive, check off name on volunteer attendance list
- Make sure that everyone has completed a volunteer information form
- Hand out volunteer t-shirt, name tag and student letter
- Provide volunteer with their assignment and direct them to the designated area
Interested? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Energizing and Positive Attitude. A friendly face helps create a fun atmosphere!
- Passion for supporting the MS Community and funding MS research
- Self-motivated and reliable; able to fulfill duties on time
- Previous experience managing people is considered an asset
- Gain valuable experience and skills by supporting the organization of a well-recognized signature event while working with experienced organizing team members and comprehensive resources
- Contribute your time to an important cause and see your impact on the organization
- Obtain a reference letter
- Build a strong network and connect with the MS community
Sign up to volunteer today and help create positive change! For more detailed information please contact:
Or Visit our Volunteer Website to view all the role descriptions & shifts and sign up directly.
MS Canada is dedicated to encouraging a supportive and inclusive culture where people from all backgrounds can thrive.
Our aim is to ensure that all those interested in joining our team are given equal opportunity and that our organization is representative of all sections of society. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
We are committed to accommodating applicants’ needs throughout the selection process. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you need accommodation.
To learn more about MS Canada and the great work that we do, we encourage you to visit www.mssociety.ca.
Get DirectionsMount Pearl
Other MS Canada Volunteer Opportunities
Other Special Events / Festivals Volunteer Opportunities
Description: Volunteers play an integral role in delivering our promise of finding cures for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and improving the …Read More