March of Dimes Canada (Communication Facilitator *VIRTUAL*)Organization Name: March of Dimes Canada
Opportunity Title: Communication Facilitator *VIRTUAL*
Category: Social and Community Service
Commitment: Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Start Date: July 14, 2022
End Date: July 8, 2032
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
- Training or orientation required
|Aphasia and Communication Disabilities Program (ACDP), Aphasia Peer Connect programs (APC), After Stroke programs (AS).|
|Impact of the Role|
|Volunteer engagement in the ACDP, APC and AS programs enhances opportunities for clients to build social connections and have conversations in a safe, supportive and communicatively accessible environment. Communication Facilitators help reduce social isolation and improve self-confidence, independence and quality of life of clients by providing them with an outlet for expression in a safe and supportive environment.
● Participate in the program at a pre-determined date and time on a weekly basis.
● Assist staff by welcoming clients and co-hosting large-group discussions.
● Enable clients to take part in social conversations by being observant of those needing more communication support.
● Prepare and share resources for the group, as directed by staff.
● Participate in pre/post session meetings as well as de-brief meetings (as scheduled) with a program staff member.
● Be aware of the boundaries of your role and use supervision to clarify when uncertainties arise.
● Inform staff of any lateness and absences in a timely manner.
● Track monthly volunteer hours.
● Adhere to all MODC policies, procedures and guidelines.
Apply For Volunteer Opportunity
Get Directions7071 Bayers Rd Unit 276
Other March of Dimes Canada Volunteer Opportunities
Other Social and Community Service Volunteer Opportunities
Distribution – Operations SupportOrganization: Second Harvest
Description: ROLE OVERVIEW In this role, you will be supporting the Head of Operations (Newfoundland & Labrador) in distributing surplus, edible …Read More