Second Harvest (Distribution – Operations Support)Organization Name: Second Harvest
Opportunity Title: Distribution – Operations Support
Category: Social and Community Service
Commitment: Less than 6 months, 6 months to 1 year, Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Start Date: March 8, 2023
End Date: August 31, 2099
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
- Training or orientation required
In this role, you will be supporting the Head of Operations (Newfoundland & Labrador) in distributing surplus, edible food to local not-for-profit agency partners. You will represent Second Harvest at food donor locations in the St. John’s area and help facilitate the distribution of food to designated partner agencies.
By volunteering with Second Harvest, not only are you helping to keep good, nutritious food out of landfills, but you are making sure that this food goes to those who need it most in your local community.
- Travel to food donor locations and break down large pallets of rescued food into smaller volumes to be loaded onto agency vehicles, or dropped off at agency locations.
- Ensure agency partners are following protocol and safe work practices of the food donor facility.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with food donor staff and partner agencies.
- Promote Second Harvest’s mission and vision while upholding our core values of Community, Integrity, Environment & Collaboration.
- Three-month minimum commitment
- On-call basis*
Various locations around St. John’s, Newfoundland
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Age of majority (18+).
- A friendly and professional manner, including excellent customer service.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs repeatedly. Physical requirements may also include bending, twisting, reaching overhead, lifting, squatting and kneeling.
- A valid Driver’s Licence and access to a vehicle is considered an asset
To apply, fill out our online volunteer form at Food Rescue Volunteer Application Form | Second Harvest, indicating “Operations Support” in the comments.
For more information, contact the National Volunteer Operations Coordinator at email@example.com
Apply For Volunteer Opportunity
Get DirectionsSt. John’s, NL
Other Second Harvest Volunteer Opportunities
Other Social and Community Service Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteer Local Chapter Coordinator – St. John’sOrganization: The Shoebox Project for Women
Description: ARE YOU… A leader with strong project management skills? Excited to build partnerships and develop community …Read More