GLOCAL Foundation of Canada (Research and Community Outreach Volunteer (Online))Organization Name: GLOCAL Foundation of Canada
Opportunity Title: Research and Community Outreach Volunteer (Online)
Commitment: Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Start Date: January 19, 2021
End Date: December 31, 2099
- Appropriate for youth (i.e., less than 18)
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
Are you interested in community engagement? Do you want to bring about effective changes in democratic participation and improve digital citizenship?
If so, this is the perfect opportunity for you! Through volunteering in a start-up environment, you will engage in strategic planning, program design and interdisciplinary research for civil society engagement.
GLOCAL Foundation of Canada is a non-for-profit organization that strives to provide innovative programs and cross-disciplinary resources to help Canadians better engage in public policy making and problem-solving. GLOCAL advances this mission of strengthening local-global understanding through research, events, and training programs.
YouCount.ca is the pilot project and one of the innovative services that GLOCAL offers to Canadians to enhance democratic participation. Our mandate focuses on fighting disinformation through direct engagement between Canadians and our political representatives at three levels of governments.
Volunteer Position Description
Scope of the responsibilities:
- Work closely with GLOCAL Research Analysts and supervisors to gather, enter, and analyse data on political representatives at municipal level.
- Conduct research and understand the political environment of the province. This includes but not limited to research on local issues, provincial policy concerns and regional politics.
- Provide support in GLOCAL’s social media engagement, create infographics and produce short videos on social causes.
- Assist in community engagement and outreach at local level.
Special arrangements can be made for online group volunteering with collaborative tasks for schoolers.
Successful applicants will have the following qualifications:
- Good oral and written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- A passion for creative writing, community engagement and partnerships development.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Strong intercultural understanding.
- Ability to meet deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced, flexible environment.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Professionalism, punctuality, and reliability.
Hours Per Week:
- This is a remote role with flexible start dates.
- We hope the volunteer is able to dedicate 2-6hrs/week.
- A minimum of 3 months commitment is expected.
The successful candidate will volunteer with the executive team of the Foundation. Ongoing support will be offered by the Manager to ensure holistic development of the volunteer in capacities relevant to the position. A weekly meeting will be scheduled for the volunteer to receive support and direction, as well as targeted opportunities and guidance for personal growth and development, such as future career planning. We aim to make this a comprehensive learning experience for the volunteers.
Through volunteering, the volunteer will gain professional skills in research, business development, strategic planning, grants applications, communication, and leadership.
- Send one-page cover letter and resume in one file to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide 2 References:
- Name, title and contact information (email and phone number) for two references.
Subject Line: ‘Volunteer application – Your Province – Your Full Name – Date of Your Application’