This volunteer opportunity has expired!
Crohns and Colitis Canada – Eastern Avalon Chapter (2018 Gutsy Walk for Crohn’s and Colitis Volunteer Opportunity)Organization Name: Crohns and Colitis Canada – Eastern Avalon Chapter
Opportunity Title: 2018 Gutsy Walk for Crohn’s and Colitis Volunteer Opportunity
Category: Special Events / Festivals
Commitment: One Day / Special Event
Start Date: June 3, 2018
End Date: June 3, 2018
- Appropriate for youth (i.e., less than 18)
- Appropriate for volunteers aged between 18 and 55
- Appropriate for volunteers aged 55 and over
- Family-oriented volunteering
Crohn’s and Colitis Eastern Avalon Chapter is looking for Volunteers to help with our Annual Gutsy Walk on June 3rd. It is a fun filled day for a great cause! We have the following available and would love to hear from you if you are interested. We have a wide variety of roles so something for everyone.
1) Greeters: Greet people as they come in to register and guide them where to go and greet as the walkers return from the walk.
2) Walk Marshall assistants: Work with our Walk Marshalls Nicolas and Erin to guide people on where to go as they walk and ensure every is safe, help put up banners and signage pre walk.
3) Clean Up: Help take down decorations and banners, sweep up and collect garbage in the gym. 10 people who are willing to stay after the walk is done. This can be done along with other roles but would involve a commitment to stay later to help out (or can come towards the end of the walk just to help with that).
4) Food – pick up subs, distribute subs, snacks, drink and cake
5) Red Carpet/Photos – set up and decorate photo area, take pictures, celebrate walk participates. Lots of energy here!
6) Kids Zone/Games – Set up kids zone prior to walk, manage the games/activities
7) Registration – Work with our registration captains Steve and Sabrina to register participants and collect money raised